From:
"~~Katlee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 19:27:38 -0800

Dear fellow list members,

I don't know about anyone else but I am very new ....began Jan 1 ....on this
gf lifestyle and journey to becoming well and healthy..  I have had a real
rough time of it being a disabled, single mom and on a very low income and
trying to get my kitchen gf and maintain it gf.  We all know this is not the
most economical way to eat!  I am not exaggerating when I say this list has
been a tremendous support to me in monumental proportions.  I have tried many
times to go gf in recent years and never with any success until now.

When I read Fran's post, I had to fight back the tears because all of those
post about "this awful diet" meant so *very* much to me.  For starters, they
showed me that I am NOT alone in this and that I am not alone in how I am
feeling when it seems no one around me understands or even cares that I am
feeling so much better by being on "another crazy diet."  That I am not alone
in how much and how hard I am striving to stay gf in this wheat infested
society.  It is maddening and depressing yet so encouraging when you can
enlighten someone in your life and/or find out that someone you know is
willing to do something for you like look on the net for gf bread recipes to
make you a loaf in his new bread machine.  It makes me want to go on...keep
going..like all those awful diet responses.  I have saved all of those
there will be more.  I have even saved Fran's to remind me to make my posts
gracious for I do not know who I will be affecting.

It has always been my belief that if just one soul, one life is touched
...then it was all worthwhile.........

 THANK YOU  FELLOW  LIST  MEMBERS  WITH  EVERY  BIT  OF  MY   HEART!    :))

Sign me off with happy tears knowing I have finally gotten here and I will
make it.
~~Kat

PS.  If you think those awful diet posts were a 'bashing contests' ...  good
grief go to some of the other listservs!  This is the most supportive,
helpful and informative list I have ever subscribed to.