From:
Donna Hemingson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:49:14 -0400

Hi All, busy catching up here as I'm just getting my energy back. Most
people stay way from oats because of either the cross contamination or are
just sensitive to them. One person, biopsy Dx eats them with no problem and
is just careful where they buy etc. Most are NO No.!!! Some people think
that oats have the same gluten as wheat but most understand there to be a
differance but still a problem. So I'm going to suggest to the Health Food
Adviser that she should not sell oats to people that she puts on GF diets.
Another Dr friend told me she tells people to stay away from all grains
until they get it figured out -I myself ever ate oats but find that corn
and buckwheat can be a problem from what I believe to be
cross-contamination and also noticed that with the kelloggs Nutrigrain- and
I'm not that sensitive. So Its been almost 10 mos now and I'm going to have
to stop eating so much as I must be finally absorbing my food as I'm
filling out!!   Take Care, Donna