Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2008 03:59:14 -0700

I'm traveling to New Orleans next week (actually Harahan but it's close) to visit a friend. I've looked in the archives and there are a lot of restaurants mentioned, but I don't think I'll be eating out much. I can pretty much gaurantee that we'll be getting crawfish and crab, though. I remember reading a while back that sometimes the crawfish boils use wheat in their seasoning. Does anyone know of any verified GF places to get crawfish (already cooked)? I'm assuming that there's no issues with the crab. Also, if you know of any less expensive restaurants in the area (especially in Harahan) that would be greatly appreciated. I know to avoid gumbo and similar items because it's made with a base that has wheat. Are there any other things I should look out for (both GF and not) in traditional New Orleans fare? Thanks bunches.
  Angela Taylor

*******
*******