From:
communications <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
communications <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 08:01:18 -0600

Kinnikinnick Foods

Gluten Free Has Never Tasted So Good

 www.kinnikinnick.com <http://www.kinnikinnick.com/>

www.goglutenfree.com <http://www.goglutenfree.com/>

 Toll Free Order Line: 1-877-503-4466

New KinniTOOS Sandwich Crème Cookies awarded People's Choice Award for the best gluten free baked products at the
NNFA.

 Try them today!  Order online or over the phone.

Hungry for Smores?

We have just finalized our new Graham Style Cookies and Crumbs, available soon, check our website.

Recipe of the Month:

Coconut Cream Filling

This filling can be used for coconut
cream pie or in between layers of a cake.

Recipe makes approximately 4 cups of filling.

6 large eggs (set egg whites aside)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/8 tsp. salt
3 cups milk
1 1/2 cups semi sweet coconut
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. Place egg yolks in a bowl and whisk until combined, set aside.

2. In a sauce pan combine milk, sugar, and salt, whisk over medium heat
while slowly adding cornstarch. Cook stirring over medium heat until
mixture begins to thicken and comes to a boil (about 10-12 minutes).
Remove from heat.

3. Slowly add 1/2 cup hot milk mixture into egg yolks whisking
constantly, gradually pour warm yolk mixture into the saucepan, stirring
constantly. Cook slowly stirring over medium-low heat, until mixture
begins to bubble, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and add in
coconut and vanilla.

If using filling for pies or tarts (Try our Kinnikinnick pie and pastry mix)

Pre bake your prepared shells for 10-12 minutes at 350F and let cool.
Fill with prepared filling and let cool in fridge until filling sets up
(about 20 minutes).

To make meringue: Whisk 6 egg whites and 1/4 cup sugar to a stiff peak.
Pipe or spoon meringue on top of pie, top with coconut if desired. Bake
at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Store in
refrigerator.

If not using meringue bake shells fully prior to adding filling
(approximately 17-20 minutes at 350F)

If using filling for a cake (Try our Kinnikinnick chocolate or white
cake mix)

Prepare cake in advance and cut into two or three layers depending how
much filling you like. Spread a layer of cooled filling on each layer
and ice filled cake with your favorite icing or serve with your favorite
ice cream. Cake can be stored in refrigerator for up to three days.
Check our website for more great recipes!
Kinnikinnick Foods will be launching our newsletter full of the latest
information.  Coming soon, check the website to sign up!
Current Mail Order Specials

Tapioca Rice Hamburger Buns - 10 % off

KinniTOOS Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies - 10 % off

Check out the individual product information pages of the SHOP

section of our website for more information.

Remember: We Ship Fresh To Your Door!

All Shipments to Canada are a flat rate of $10

All Shipments to the US are a flat rate of $10 with a maximum

order of $200