From:
Barb & Glenn Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb & Glenn Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 22:31:45 -0600

Hi Everyone,

I see that Bruce received a quite different response from Aurora Foods regarding their syrups than I did.  The response to my inquiry was from a Laveda Wright who is a Customer Service Rep and follows:

"Hi sorry I couldn't respond sooner.  Mrs Buttersworth has barley.  Log Cabin syrup is gluten free.  Duncan Hines frosting are gluten free.  Thanks for contacting Duncan Hines."

After reading the ingredients statements on the two bottles that I had and finding no barley listed, I again questioned her regarding the ingredients.  I asked if the barley was hidden in the natural flavorings.  Her response was:

"Yes, and I do apologize for that.  Thanks for contacting us."

I find the conflicting responses to be of great concern and certainly would not feel safe in using their products, but that is only my opinion.  Each one of us has to make their own decision.

My hope is for better food labeling requirements so that we don't have to continually go thru all of this questioning.

Barbara in Missouri