From:
Jan R. Hammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:49:16 -0500

Hi, I  use this dry mix instead of wheat flour in all my old recipes.

Dry Mix

2 c brown rice flour
2 c white rice flour
1 1/3 c sweet rice flour
1 1/3 c tapioca starch
2/3 c corn starch
1/2 c rice polish or rice bran or flour
2 tsp xantham gum

Sift 3 times & keep in canister.

My favorite rolled out Cooky Recipe :

2 c flour (dry mix)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar

Mix well & cut in 1 c butter or gluten free margarine (margarine rolls out
easier).

Beat 2 eggs, add 1 c sugar & 1 tsp almond (or flavoring of your choice)
and mix well.

Pour egg mixture into flour & mix well.  Chill at least 15 min (several days
doesn't hurt) Roll out to desired thickness on floured surface & cut into
shapes.

Bake 375 7-9 min
watch carefully.

2 c sifted powdered sugar mixed with melted butter, milk, 1 tsp flavoring
frosts one batch.

One of the members in my support group said "They don't crumble!" Merry
Christmas. Jan