Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:55:01 -0800

Below is what I have come up with for my dining card. (I also have hypoglycemia so I had to make my own.) It has made eating out sooooo much easier! I will be taking a cruise to Mexico in a few weeks, and I was hoping that someone on this list would be fluent in Mexican Spanish and could give me a translation of the text (below). I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Angela Taylor (Tulsa, Oklahoma)

Celiac Disease Alert
It is imperative that persons with celiac disease, or gluten-intolerance, avoid eating wheat, rye, oats, barley, triticale, spelt, and malt to avoid intestinal damage. Some products containing these ingredients include: breads, flour thickeners, coating mixes, sauces, soy sauce, marinades, malt flavorings, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, modified food starch, pasta, croutons, stuffings, broth, imitation bacon, self-basting poultry, imitation seafood, and soup base.
Please ensure that my food does not contain, have contact with, or be contaminated with any of the items listed above. Please prepare my food with clean utensils and on clean surfaces.
Hypoglycemia Alert
I am hypoglycemic and must avoid all sugars and caffeine, and stick to a low-carb diet to control my blood sugar. Some additional products I must avoid are: sugar, syrup, caffeine, rice, corn, potatoes, bananas, and beans.
Thank You