Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:23:38 -0500

I recently asked for suggestions for gluten free dining in the Long Beach,
CA. area.

I received several good suggestions and look forward to trying them out
during our week in Long Beach.

I have listed the replies below.

If there are any other ideas out there, I would still love to hear them and
will summarize them as well.

Thank you to all who have helped me plan this trip!  It is nice to know
about the great options that are available.

Becky in Texas

The Cafe Piccolo at 3222 East Broadway in Long Beach will make any item on
their regular menu  gluten free. They keep several types of gluten free
pasta on hand at all times, and will ask  you what type you prefer for your
meal.

 Another recommendation is the Naples Rib Company, at 5800 East 2nd Street
in Long Beach. This  one had two types of gluten free beer on our last visit
to the Long Beach area (~6 months ago).

 In the Long Beach area, the best selection of gluten free grocery items is
at  the Whole Foods Market, 6550 Pacific Coast Highway. There are gluten
free items on every  aisle. All you will get at the other area markets is
blank looks if you say 'gluten free'.

PF Chang's and Outback Steakhouse.  They are both down near the Aquarium.

I highly recommend Café Piccolo 3222 E. Broadway, Long Beach, CA 90803

(562) 438 1316.  I would suggest calling ahead of time and letting them know
that you are gluten intolerant.

Newport Rib Company 5800 E 2nd St Long Beach 90803 (562) 439 7427 is also
very good.

As well as Claim Jumper 6501 E Pacific Coast Hwy Long Beach, CA (562) 431
1321

There's a Bubba Gump by the aqauarium that has a gf menu.  The chef is very
concientious.