From:
Helen Aqua <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Helen Aqua <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:51:44 -0800

Thanks everyone for your replies to my query about whether American celiacs
are better off than Canadian in terms of being able to claim a medical
deduction on income tax returns.

I'm not going to print out the explanations I got, but to summarize I'd say
we're all in the same boat.  Even though the IRS figures it out differently,
it all ends up to be that no one actually qualifies for the deduction to
cover extra food costs whether you live in Canada or the States.

I wonder, is there anywhere in the world where a celiac person can receive
some kind of compensation in the form of income tax rebate?

Helen