From:
Ash Hassib <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:45:00 -0400

Hello everyone!

Here is a recipe that my Mom send me from Germany and it works great! I just
substituted the wheat flour for Bette Hagman's GF mix and added some xanthan
gum. I apologize for the measurements being in gramms, I hope most of you
have a scale.

The plums used are the ones we grow in Germany. I believe they are called
prune plums, they are small and blue. I found them at Publix and in the
north they are probably easier to get than here in GA.

If anyone still has questions or trouble with my translated description, let
me know.

Enjoy!

Greetings from GA,
Kerstin

Plum Pie

Dough:
320 g flour
1/4  tsp. baking powder
150 g sugar
3 egg yolks
190 g butter, cold but soft

Filling:
1 kg plums
100 g sugar
1/2 cinnamon stick
3 tbsp rum
3 tbsp starch
some powdered or gound ginger

additional:
75 g ground hazelnut
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp milk

Dough, Step 1
mix flour with baking powder, knead well with other ingredients
wrap in foil and put in the fridge for 1 hour

Filling:
wash plums, remove seeds, cut in quarters
mix half the plums with sugar, rum and cinnamon in sauce pan and let soak
   for 1 hour
boil 3 minutes, mix starch with 4 tbsp water and add to plums, add ginger to
   taste
boil for 1 minute, let cool completely, remove cinnamon stick

Dough, Step 2
take 2/3 of the dough and roll thinly, put in greased 10 inch spring form
   and form a rim on the egde so that the filling will not touch the metal
poke a few times with a fork; sprinkle 1/2  the hazelnuts on;
spread the filling on the nuts;
sprinkle with the other 1/2 of hazelnuts; arrange the rest of the plums (raw)
   on top
roll the rest of the dough thinly and cut in 1 cm wide stripes, put the
   stripes on top crisscross wise
mix egg yolk with milk and brush on the stripes

bake for 60-70 minutes @ 350 F