From:
Kimber Wakefield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 09:58:01 PST

Catherine is so right about the importance of absorbing nutrients for
pregnancy - I'm a nurse in a neonatal ICU. My suggestion is to find a
naturopath or DO that is focused more on nutrition than a typical MD.
(That may be due to the lack of nutrition education many doctors
receive in medical school). They will be more likely to work with you.
Also, you may want to try juicing. You can take in a lot higher
concentration of nutrients - including foic acid if you juice green
leafy veggies - than if you just ate them whole. I have a Champion
Juicer that is very effective. It it were me I would follow your
instinct to improve your health by juicing and focusing on veggies and
fish or legumes for protein - minimize or avoid the refined carbos
(bread), dairy (make sure you get enough calcium) and sugar. It
certainly has given me more energy. One last suggestion - try to eat
more organic (preservative & pesticide & hormone free) foods. Those
chemical weaken your immune system and cause fatigue and toxicity in
the body - and in the baby. It will decrease your odds of a healthy
baby. Control the factors you can (rest & nutrition) and pray about
the ones you can't.

Kimber