Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 21:39:07 +0200

Dear Learned and Well-informed Listmates:

A well-intentioned friend of mine in the UK sent me a newspaper clipping
from the Daily Mail, dated Oct. 1, 1996 (p. 39) wherein there was an
article entitled "How to Beat that Wheat Allergy..." Did any of you UK
listmembers see it?

THe article described a new invention, now being implemented in various
hospitals in the UK called the Bicom Resonance machine. It is reported to
"reflect back to the body its own electromagnetic waves by means of
electrodes connected by wires to the machine and held in the patient's
hands." [The newer models require the patient to hold 2 brass balls
instead of electrodes.]

The article goes on "Groups of cells emit different frequencies, some
healthy, some unhealthy. By changing these cell frequencies, the Biocom
machine is changing the patient's biochemistry, hormones and metabolism.
Healthy frequencies are amplified and mirrored back to the body while
unhealthy frequencies are turned around before reflecting them back." It
boasts that children are more often than not cured in 1 treatment,
although adults need a series of treatments.

It is apparently particularly effective on wheat and dairy allergies as
well as asthma, and chronic diseases like rheumatism, neuralgia and nerve
pain.

HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS? IS THIS A HOAX? Would this work on Celiac
Disease, which is more than just an allergy?

I am open to comments. I don't want to be gullible - that's for sure.

Thanks.
Sharon Marcus