Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 23:37:39 -0500

On 96-12-15 Cindy Fisher asked:

What about yeast infections.  In my recent 2-day challenge with wheat before
my blood test, I got a yeast infection besides all the other symptoms
(headache, bloating, fuzzy thinking, urethritis, and general malaise)

I will reply to everyone since I know (from other postings) there are other
people interested in a connection between yeast infections and celiac
disease.

Early this year I asked questions about some of my symptoms, I received a lot
of useful information.  One message referred me to a book called "The Yeast
Connection" by William Crook.  I was new to celiac disease and unaware of a
connection,  but I had an ongoing problem with yeast infections, so  I look
at this book as well as others.

My understanding is that the inability to digest gluten produces an ideal
environment for the growth of yeast.  Since going on the gf diet, I do appear
to have less of a problem with vaginal yeast infections and my sore throat
much better.

In addition, the rash which I have had on my chin and nose (off and on) for
the last ten years;  a rash that dermatoligists have treat with antibiotics
and steroid injections, has cleared up with Zinc Oxide!!!!!!   (Zinc Oxide is
used for another yeast infection -- diaper rash!!!!!)

Please keep me informed of other similar experiences.

PaulineQn