From:
Bill Kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 22:14:25 -0800

Hi,

   Thanks to everyone who took the time to write to me.  I've summarized
your mail below:

  I recieved a few mails giving me the number to Oscar Meyer
(1-800-222-2323).  I'm a bit busy this week with testing, but I'll call
and inquire once things settle down a bit.  One person had a list from
about a year ago from OM and it stated that the products I had in
question were GF, but I called my mother and had her look them up in the
CSA USA guide and they were not in there.  Another listmate sent me a
mail and stated they also contacted the company two years ago and have a
list that does not say that the cotto salami or smoked turkey were GF.

   According to several listmates Dannon fruit on the bottom yogert is
OK.  One poster (who happens to live in the same town I do!) told me
that she had contacted Dannon within the past 6 months and that the
source of the Natural Flavorings were corn.  This did not include the
stir in toppings or the sprinkles types of dannon.

   As a side note, you may be interested to know that Ocean Spray juices
with NF in them may contain gluten.  Only the 100% juices are OK.

Thanks again to everyone,  I'm feeling much better today.

Bill Kane
Normal, Illinois  USA