From:
Morgaine Mehl Madrona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1999 03:25:27 EST

Dear List,
   I am sorry to be posting so quickly again, but I will be meeting with the
gastro-interologist who did my biopsy on Monday.  He said to me at the biopsy
that he believes anyone who has 'true' Celiac disease will "feel better
immediately after going off of Gluten" with no symptoms or pain to speak of
thereafter. Could any Celiacs on the list with positive biopsies tell me
whether this is true and if not what were their symptoms and pain like after
going off of gluten and how long was it before they were symptom free. I
would like to be able to relate some peoples experience to the contrary. He
said that the people who had "withdrawal" symptoms were not really Celiac.

I will summaries all these answers
thanks
morgaine
Vermont