From:
Anne M Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anne M Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 17:18:30 -0600

hi
I am a celiac diagnosed 4 years ago I also have blepharitis which is
very annoying, When it gets bad I use an eye ointment antibiotic like
cipro because I am allergic to penicillin and its sisters. I found that
warm acompressed in the morning and at bedtime help to control it
also washing the lids with Johnson's baby shampoo would help a lot
good luck
alice

I had chronic blepharitis, constant eye infections and terrible dry eye.
It got so bad that I couldn't wear any form of contact lens, after
wearing them for about 25 years prior to that.  No doctor had any clue
what to do for me, and I had to use prescription eye drops (steroids and
antibiotics) continuously.  Well, miracle of miracles, all of this was
from systemic candida overgrowth,it turns out.  I now take an otc
product called Candex (can get at a hfs or order online) and after being
on it for about 6 months, my tear flow returned and I have been happily
wearing my contacts again. Also no more blepharitis or eye infections
since then!!  This was after about 5-6 years of being told that there
was nothing they could do for me, and I would never wear contacts again!
Don't know if this is the answer for you, but it certainly was for me!
(My eyes are still slightly on the dry side, but within normal range,
and I have not had an eye infection for the past 2 years ever since
starting the Candex!)... good luck!

Have you ever heard of "leaky gut"? It can happen before giving up
gluten. According to my naturopath, gluten eats away the mucosal lining
of your stomach and then other foods can leak directly into your
bloodstream, wreaking all sorts of havoc. My gluten reaction is swelling
and redness around my eyes (although it never was diagnosed as
blepharitis), but my "leaky gut" reaction is hair loss from my head.

I poked around on the internet regarding leaky gut and blepharitis and
came up with this:

http://askwaltstollmd.com/archives/testi/166052.html

Good luck!
Laura

I would try supplementing vitamins. We use www.freedavitamins.com try
the b-complex. I think they are good for hair I am not sure or go to the
website and e-mail the Dr. at freedavitamins and ask. Good luck wendy

I ALSO HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH LASH LOSS. I TRY TO USE MASCARA ONLY
DURING WEEK AND USE COVERGIRL. I AM GLAD TO HEAR I AM NOT ALONE.