From:
Andrew Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 16:02:17 -0800

I am a recently diagnosed Celiac.  Fortunately, I only had to suffer a few
weeks of full blown Celiac Disease before I figured out what was wrong with
me.   (I have also known that I was allergic to yeast from allergy tests
years ago.  But my only reactions seem to be occasional hives and a stuffy
nose.) I also corn intolerant.

My question involves consuming alcohol.  I have seen some brief comments
posted at this site about alcohol, but nothing that really answers my
questions. .  I find that I react to even the smallest amount of alcohol. I
know that I should not be using alcohol distilled from grains, but I had a
reaction to Rum (Lemon Hart). I have also reacted to a French red wine
(Mouton Cadet, I think), but I do know there have been warnings I have read
regarding gluten used in foreign wines (outside of North America).  Does
anyone know of any safe brands of either hard-liquor and/or wines?

Thank you...and Happy New Year

Andrew Shaw
Victoria, B.C. Canada