From:
- Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2011 18:57:09 -0400

This treatment may not be strong enough, but have you tried Lidoderm
patches? They are specific for shingles type pain.  I use them on occasion
for neuropathic low back pain. They work pretty well.

I get Trigeminal Neuralgia usually when the base of the nerve or the upper
portion is exposed to extreme cold.  Surprisingly,  pressure over the pain
sometimes gives me temporary relief, otherwise it's Extra Strength Tylenol
and applied warmth that usually get me over it. To date, my episodes have
only been in  response to subfreezing temperatures, or to an air
conditioner
blowing on the right side of my face for a long period.  I have had this
for
probably 40 years on the right side of my face, and just in the past 2
years
have started having the problem on the left side of my face.  I know mine
is
not as bad as some, but the patterns are sometimes similar.
Susan, retired RNC in Ohio

======
It sure is!  Especially when it comes to the nerves of the body as they do
not show up in regular medical tests.  So the doctor has to go on your
symptoms instead and some doctors are very finicky in that aspect - diagnosing
you with the correct disorder.