From:
"Andrew, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew, Chris
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:08:20 -0800

I got many responses to my post on Sibo, with varying opinions. Thank
you all for the information!

*	Many people reported they had not been able to get rid of the
SIBO after going gluten free. It seems to be a recurring problem even
after being treated with antibiotics and probiotics for some. One said
her doctor told her once you have it, you run the risk of it recurring
for the rest of life. Yikes!
*	There were multiple emails where people recommended the Specific
Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). Limiting complex carbs and sugars was also
recommended. Doesn't seem like SCD works for everyone.
*	People really differed on the use of antibiotics. Some felt it
was essential, while others said do not use it and instead rely on
probiotics (or probiotics plus antibiotic also came from others who
responded). Xifaxan was the antibiotic most recommended and that's what
I was prescribed along with Neomycin.
*	One person reported that if left untreated, SIBO could lead to
other food senstivities.
*	A few said maybe I don't even have SIBO (what my GI believes - I
was diagnosed with breath test) and I should wait it out a bit and then
get retested.

*******
*******