From:
Moira Sheehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 11:51:51 -0600

I just read this post and was going to respond directly to the author, but
had discovered a solution to this delemma and thought I would post it to
the list.

I too had the same problem with Continental when I traveled with them
several months ago.  I had to take three different flights to reach my
destination, and by the third one, I was very tired of not receiving any
safe food.  So, I decided to take action while the plane was still on the
ground and something could be done.

I arrived to the gate about 20 minutes earlier than I would usually and
asked to speak to someone who could tell me about the food served on board.
 After the usual, "Yes, we have you getting a gluten free meal."  I
explained to her that most caterers do NOT know what this means and I had
already received two gluten free meals that weren't.  I tried to be as
pleasant as possible, and at the same time offered this lady a solution.  I
told her that what I really needed was just a plain grilled chicken breast,
nothing on it, some plain rice and plain veggies.  Because I had arrived
early enough, they had time to take care of this.   And that was exactly
what I got!!

I don't know that this would work all the time, but certainly did in this
instance.
Food for thought.

Moira
Colorado, USA