From:
young_mike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 22:48:43 -0600

This was my first question posted to the celiac list and I would like to
thank those of you that responded. The story behind my question:  my
daughters Girl Scout troop held an end of the year picnic and I did not
think to ask about the charcoal until the confirmation call the day I posted
the question. My son is the celiac in the family.  Unfortunately,  I was not
able to find out about Matchlight.  We decided to cook his hot dogs on our
gas grill, double wrap them in aluminum foil, and reheat them at the picnic.
He has had no reaction to this, but I would caution those that are really
sensitive.  I have found out that Kingsford charcoal is definitely not GF.
A couple of people recommended using a wooden "charcoal"  product.  One
person mentioned buying it from Builder's Square.  I am sorry my summary was
not more informative.

Rhonda Young