From:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MJ Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:08:18 -0400

I received the response yesterday from San-J to a query I made some time
ago:

We do not add any gluten ingredients to our Organic Wheat Free Tamari
(Gold Label) and our Organic Wheat Free Reduced Sodium Tamari (Platinum
Label). The alcohol we use in them is corn derived.

We do manufacture other products in our plant that contain wheat. This
means there could be a slight chance of airborne contamination. We clean
our lines in between running different products and we test each batch of
Organic Wheat Free Tamari for the presence of gluten.

If I can be of further assistance of if you need more specific information
regarding our testing, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Jennifer R. Stoltz
Marketing Manager
San-J International
800.446.5500 x 111

--
 MJ Thomas
 In the beautiful Finger Lakes Wine Country of New York State!