From:
Joseph Zaccardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 21:43:33 -0500

For the many people who requested the POPTART/pie crust recipe:
After we stop yelling (see below)  we'll post the pizza crust and other
recipes.

(2 pie crusts)
1. Sift together:
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1+3/4 cup white rice flour
    1/4 cup Green Bean Powder*
2. Add:
    3/4 cup +2 Tbsp. butter
3. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until well
blended.
4. Add:
    2 eggs
    1tsp. red wine vinegar
5. Gradually add while mixing enough cold water to form a ball.
6. Flour(rice) a board or wax paper well.
7. Divide dough in half, form two balls  Flour top of one ball and roll
out dough. (keep dusting top with flour as you roll out).
8.  For POPTARTS use rectangular cookie cutter approx. size of pop tart
( we have a gingerbread house roof cutter that's just the right size).
Cut two pieces.
9. Apply 2 Tbsp. Solo pie filling to one piece.
10. Place 2nd piece on top and seal the edges.
11. Prick the top with a fork.
12. Bake at 350deg. on Cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes or until done.
13. When cool drizzle with 10x sugar and milk mixture and gluten free
sprinkles.
14. Same dough can be used for pie crust and top in normal fashion. Top
dough should roll up on rolling pin fairly easily without cracking!

*Disclaimer and Apology:  Spousal miscommunication revealed that mung bean
may have nothing to do with this.  What we actually use is a package found in
an Asian market labeled GREEN BEAN POWDER.  We may have jumped to a
conclusion since one brand of bean thread vermicelli is labeled Green Mung
Bean.  This may or may not be the same thing.  One of the spouses thinks its
the same thing.  The other spouse feels that thousands of list members are
about to flame us to death.  sincerely, Melody and (please don't kill
me) Joseph Zaccardi