From:
Meredith Mcever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 19:10:24 -0400

I'm a biopsy diagnosed celiac.  My sister's 18 month old has had
constipation problems for quite some time.  She asked her doctor to test
her child for celiac and he refused, saying that she didn't have any
symptoms.  I haven't been paying attention to symptoms in children, but
aren't they the same as in adults? Does Fasano's study definitely
recommend or is anybody else  recommending testing for 2nd degree
relatives or does anybody know a medical reference that would recommend
that my neice be tested.   She belongs to an HMO.

Thanks very much.