From:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:15:05 -0700

I was following the topic of boron in the last couple of weeks, and after
doing a little research on it, I tried some of the Twin Labs boron
supplement. I cannot believe this, but its true:

About a month ago I cracked the bottom of my bare foot against a broken
sidewalk in our front yard. It was morning, I was getting the paper and
drinking coffee while barefoot and wasn’t paying attention too well, still
rubbing sleep out of my eyes. I saw the broken concrete and tried to skirt
it but missed and smacked the broken concrete right behind the toes with my
foot. Well I darn near choked on the coffee (burned my tongue as I recall)
the pain was so bad. I’m pretty sure I fractured a bone, but didn’t go to
the doctor, as I figured it was probably hairline and what were they going
to do, put a cast on a hairline fracture? Anyway I could walk on the foot so
it wasn’t a major broken bone, and I had the week off and decided it would
be an excuse to take it easy (got out of a lot of chores this way and was
able to relax more). It took a few days for the pain to diminish and to get
to where wearing shoes wasn’t killing the foot. But it was taking a while to
heal completely. After a couple of weeks it was still hurting. Then I read
the posts about boron. I actually had some of the Twin Labs supplement I
bought way back years ago, when, I don’t know. I think I’d read about bones
and boron back then too. I kind of remember taking it then but I stopped for
some reason. Probably because I was still eating a high gluten diet then and
everything I ate seemed to make me sick (and sicker), so I think I stopped
taking it because it wasn’t doing much for me with the undiagnosed raging
intestinal problem. So after reading the recent posts I decided to try it
again, seeing as my GI tract was back to working normally for the first time
in decades since going GF last year.

Well after one day of the tablet I noticed quite a bit of an energy increase
and by the second day I noticed my foot was feeling better. After the third
day I was really starting to feel very much different, a lot more energetic,
bones are feeling stronger. This I cannot believe, about the bones feeling
stronger. I want to think it’s psychological but I am walking more easily,
my bones feel more solid, and I feel spryer then I’ve felt in years. After
three days of Twin Labs boron?? Now I’m going, how can this be? I thought my
diet was high enough in boron. I eat nuts and fruits, yet the tablets have
darn near healed my foot up and I feel about 20 years younger now. Go
figure. But I still think this stuff is powerful and should be used
carefully, probably no more then one Twin Labs tablet a day if you are
eating nuts and non citrus fruits in your diet daily.

Anyway, this is the article I found last week regarding a study involving
boron and health:
http://www.sciencenews.org/20010414/fob1.asp

Be careful with this stuff. It’s pretty powerful.

Jerry
San Jose, CA