From:
"J.V. Rich" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:55:23 -0700

I contacted Almay on 6/5/03.  Their customer service representative
would not/could not tell me if any of their products contained gluten.
When I reminded her that Almay has a history of being forthcoming on
their ingredients and their make up line was formulated specifically for
people with chemical sensitivities, she relented and said she would ask
Research to find out about ONE specific product only -- (I gave her two
products).  She said it would take a long time and would email me.

Below is the response that I received today.  I will email back and
thank him and encourage them to make this type of information more
widely available.

Jackie in AZ

***************************
We have received your telephone call and wish to thank you for taking the
time to contact us regarding our lipcolors.  Kinetin Lip Vitality
Smoothing Lipcolor.

The Kinetin Lip Vitality Smoothing Lipcolor and the Almay Pure Tints does
not contain any grain derived ingredients.

Thank you for your interest in Almay products.  We hope to continue
serving your cosmetic needs.

Sincerely,
Erin N. Short
Consumer Information Representative