From:
Sandra Howlett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Howlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:22:32 +1030

?<BR>

I was diagnosed with DH in 1990, Morphea (localised scleroderma) in 1995, and with CD this year. My 2 year old daughter has just seen a paediatrician who diagnosed her as having Joint Hypermobility. We are waiting on her blood test results for CD. My reading on Joint Hypermobility tells me that is can be linked to lots of autoimmune diseases, hopefully in her case in won't be. However, I would like to know if many other Celiac sufferers are afflicted by another autoimmune disease. Does anyone know if, as a multiple autoimmune disease sufferer, I am likely to have kids who suffer not just from CD but from other autoimmune problems too?

Regards,
Sandra (Adelaide, Australia)