From:
Carolyn Gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 13:18:52 -0500

Lots of responses, most of them negative.  They are summarized below.  I
also have much of my stomach pushed up through diaphragm... Any info on
how to have that corrected?  I'm thinking that it's a big part of the
reflux problem.

Carolyn

Try newer surgery where they shrink the sphincter with radio waves.

Procedure was used on MR/DD (mentally retarded and dev. disabled) with
success (??)

One woman had it done, is happy with it but has a problem with gas that
she had not been warned about

Try candida cure and see if reflux goes away

One-year old son had it done, vomits/burps with aid of a g-tube

Strongly advise second opinion

Gas-bloat is a common problem associated with it.

Not recommended

Dangerous

One woman who had Barret's Esophagus had teh procedure done
laproscopically and was happy with results.  She can burp, which
surprised her doctor.

And that's it...