From:
Joanne Fulks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joanne Fulks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 02:10:23 -0500

These are the posts I recieved on Knorr spinach dip, thanks to all that
responded.  I'm still not sure if its safe or not.
-----

I would not hesitate(unless you do not use products produced in an
environment that uses gluten containing grains) from their information on
the Knorr website to use their products except those that contain "natural
ingredients".  Only the 8 common allergens would be listed. They wouldn't
list if they used barley, rye or oats in the "natural ingredients", as
they are proprietary formulas.
--------

In checking out the website, I noticed it's now part of Lipton.  I don't
know when that happened. Prior to that, it was not g.f.  Lipton may have
changed the ingredients to reduce allergens when it acquired Knorr.  I
relly hope it is since one g.f. product could affect the g.f. starch of
other Lipton products through cross contaminaton.

I do have a package of Telma dry vegetable soup mix.  Find it in the
kosher food section.  It's Kosher for Passover with has potato starch, and
all other ingredients, listed.
------

I just made this spinach dip off the Knorr box this weekend and my husband
did not get sick at all.  It was great!
-------

I used to make it.  It's good but I haven't had it since gluten free
status.  I haven't checked it out; it just looked questionable.
------

I use Lipton KOSHER Recipe Secrets vegetable recipe soup & dip mix.

I find it in the kosher section of Krogers. The regular Lipton
Vegetable
soup mix found in the soup isle list wheat as an ingredient.

I had to have my Kroger special order it for me this year, because they
didn't restock it from the year before.

Barcode info is 0 41000 00574 9 to see if you can get your local
grocery to
stock it for you.
------

I do not think that knorr is GF. I checked on it a while back so it
could
have changed.
------

I would be so appreciative if you would share what you learn about
this question...we love that dip but haven't used it since my
daughter's diagnosis...thanks.
------

I haven't checked this dry mix lately but it used to have gluten in it.
----