Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:41:32 -0500

Wanted to report on my current travels in Argentina for anyone interested.
I am currently in Mendoza and have found the area to be extremely aware of
Celiac Disease.  At the local bus stops are posters encouraging parents to
have their children tested.  At the ice cream shop down the street from our
hotel is a large sign posted with the blessing of the Ministry of Health
with information on which flavors are safe (pre packaged sealed cartons so
no issue of cross contamination with the cones).  Every restaurant we have
been to is very well prepared for my diet.

There is a local company "Tante Gretty" that produces very good bread and
pizza crusts as well as cookies and crackers.  Luckily the health food
store that carries the brand is just a few blocks from my hotel.  On the
door of the store is a notice that they have products for Celiacīs.

I am amazed at the number of people I meet who know about celiac and
exactly what I can and cannot have.  I have been here for one month and
have not been sick at all - eating out every day... back home, Iīd be
certain to get sick eating out this much....

It is certainly a pleasure being here and not having to worry too much
about my diet!

Angela from California
Gluten Free for 5 years