From:
Tandi Hartle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:30:56 -0700

I thought some of you might benefit from this information that I got
from Lipton/Ragu on the GF status of their sauces.  I emailed them
because I had a quick pizza sauce in my pantry and wanted to use it on
my homeade pizza but I wasn't sure if it was gluten free.  Here is the
info they sent me.

Thanks so much for writing!

As I'm sure you know, gluten is found in wheat and rye and
to a lesser degree in barley and oats.  The following pasta
sauces that are made by Ragu and Lipton that are
gluten-free.

*The source of Modified Food Starch in our sauces is corn.

GLUTEN FREE:

FIVE BROTHERS

Fresh Tomato & Basil
Grilled Eggplant & Parmesan Cheese
Grilled Summer Vegetable
Mushroom & Garlic Grill
Roasted Tomato & Garlic

-RAGU CHEESE CREATIONS
Classic Alfredo
Creamy Tomato Romano
Double Cheddar
Four Cheese
Light Parmesan Alfredo
Roasted Garlic Parmesan

-RAGU CHUNKY GARDENSTYLE
Garden Combination
Mushroom & Green Pepper
Mushroom & Roasted Garlic
Roasted Red Pepper & Garlic
Super Chunky Mushroom
Super Garlic
Super Vegetable Primavera
Tomato, Spinach & Cheese
Tomato, Basil & Italian Cheese
Tomato, Garlic & Onion

-RAGU HEARTY ROBUSTO
7 Herb Tomato
Chopped Tomato Olive Oil & Garlic
Parmesan & Romano
Red Wine & Herbs
Roasted Garlic
Sauteed Beef Onion & Garlic
Sauteed Onion & Garlic
Sauteed Onion & Mushroom
Spicy Red Pepper

-RAGU LIGHT
Chunky Mushroom & Garlic
No Sugar Added Tomato & Basil
Roasted Garlic Primavera
Tomato & Basil

-RAGU OLD WORLD STYLE
Flavored with Meat
Marina
Mushroom
Traditional

RAGU PIZZA SAUCE

RAGU PIZZA QUICK SAUCE
Products containing gluten:

Ragu Pizza Quick Crust Mix

Because our products are formulated for use by the majority
of our consumers and not specifically for those on
restricted diets, it is possible our product formulations
may change at any time.

-Lists of this type reflect products as formulated at a
specific time.

-Possible that more products/varieties may have been added

-More important, changes in existing products may have
occurred.

I hope this is helpful for some of you.

Tandi
Cedar Hills, UT