From:
Lynn Samuel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 23:59:46 -0400

        To my knowledge, the Celiac link to MS is that it also is an
auto-immune disease.  Genetically, those who have celiac seem to have a
greater chance of also having auto-immune diseases, such as Hypothyroidism,
Diabetes, MS, Scleraderma, etc.  It doesn't mean you will get them, but your
chances are greater than in the "normal" healthy public.
        Another issue is that some MS patients physically feel better when on
a gluten-free diet.  I do not know the reason for that- and wouldn't assume
that means they also have Celiac.  Lynn in Omaha