Date:
Wed, 23 May 2007 20:08:15 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: dorina [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 2:52 PM
To: CeliacList ([log in to unmask])
Subject: La Cucina Italiana Magazine for recipes

Hi folks, I wait with delightful anticipation for my copy each month of this
Italian cooking magazine.  The editor is Paolo Villoresi, who is also
associated with the Italian Culinary Institute in NYC, has many videos/CDs
on traveling in Italy, and how to cook Italian style according to the many
different regions in Italy.  Now I have never seen a gluten free recipe
specifically in this magazine, but there are always some recipes that are
either entirely gluten free naturally, or that can very easily be turned
into gluten free and/or dairy free dining with little effort.  And whenever
a recipe calls for a little parmesan chesse, generally it can be deleted
without consequence to taste.

This month's June issue has a section on SAVORY SUMMER, highlighting fresh
fruits, crisp veges and succulent seafood.  There is another feature on
VEGETARIAN ITALIAN: healthy and delicious with recipes for "Escarole stuffed
with peppers and green beans", "stuffed tomatoes with eggplant" and
"cannelloni beans and lettuce".  This month also has an article on BEHOLD:
THE POWER OF EGGWHITES with a wonderful recipe for "fresh fava bean mousse"
for which the dusting flour you can use gluten free general baking mix
flour, and you will learn everything you wanted to know about egg whites and
more.

The photographs are particularly vivid in depicting delicious food and the
Italian countryside, like "Living Without" Magazine quality or better.  They
always have a page or two of "how to" by showing you hands and basic
ingredients, which is very informative.  They always do a focus on an herb
or two, etc.  the magazine is quite lovely. No, I don't own stock, no, I do
not know Mr. Villoresi or have set food in The Italian Culinary Institute,
just passing some good information around to add to your dining pleasures!

La Cucina , pronounced "La Coo cheena" means "the kitchen".  Enjoy! Dorina,
near Galveston, TX