From:
Susana Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susana Reyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:21:54 -0500

I emailed the company, here is their response.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding our Celestial Seasonings Tea.  We
apologize for the delay in our reply and appreciate your patience.  We strive to maintain
the highest quality products and we appreciate your patronage.

The following teas have a gluten containing ingredient:
Almond Sunset
Canadian Vanilla Maple Decaf
Detox A.M.
Echinacea
English Toffee
Gingerbread Spice
Ginseng Energy
Roastaroma
Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride
Sugar Plum Spice
Vanilla Hazelnut

Our products are not made in a gluten-free facility so we can not 100% guarantee that
there is no cross contact between products. We assure you that strict manufacturing
processes and procedures are in place and that all of our manufacturing facilities follow
rigid allergen control programs that include staff training, segregation of allergen
ingredients, production scheduling, and thorough cleaning and sanitation. The Hain
Celestial Group's labeling declares major allergens (peanuts, soybeans, milk, eggs, fish,
crustaceans, tree nuts, and wheat) and we follow the U.S. FDA's regulations. In addition,
our labeling always declares gluten containing ingredients.   We recognize the serious
nature of the allergen issue and we strive to minimize risk.

Both major and minor ingredients of all products, as well as all processing procedures
and equipment, are closely scrutinized and all potential allergen issues as determined by
the Hain Celestial Group are declared on our labeling.

We consider gluten to be in the following, barley, bulgur, couscous, durum, graham flour,
kamut, malt , rye, semolina, spelt, triticale and any other types of wheat.  We do not
consider any oat products to be gluten free due to the fact that studies are needed to
determine the long- term safety of oat consumption.  The issue of cross contamination
with oat and wheat remains a concern in North America.

Thank you for your continued support.  If we can be of further assistance, please feel free
to contact us at 1-800-434-4246, Monday through Friday from 7AM - 5PM Mountain Time.

Sincerely,

Summer
Consumer Relations Representative