From:
Russ Paden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:46:23 -0700

I'm sorry to have to post this to the whole list, but I had already
discarded the post a few days ago from the person who has problems with
perfumes and other airborne allergens on airplanes, etc., and wanted a mask
or enclosed seat on the plane to avoid the allergens.

Well, it seems there is a way to avoid them! I just sat down to look
through a new catalog I got in the mail today and saw this device, called
"Personal Air Supply," and had to let whoever it was that posted know about
it. Here's the catalog description:

    "The beeper-sized Personal Air Supply weighs just 4 oz. Hanging around
your neck, it uses coronoa discharge technology to draw in pollutants,
allergens, and viruses, destroy them internally with a flow of 70 trillion
ions per second, and direct an upward stream of pure, clean air to your
mouth, nose, and eyes at over 100 ft. per minute, the same rate as you
breathe. Fanless and virtually silent (there's only a slight hum), it
provides safe, healthy air in all those situations you could never before
control. Airplanes, offices, and public places are suddenly filled with
pure air. 9V battery not included. Pacemaker users should consult a
physician before using. 4"H x 2-1/2"W x 1"D. Made in USA."

    Item # 01-0041 Personal Air Supply $99.00

    from HARMONY: PRODUCTS IN HARMONY WITH THE EARTH catalog
    phone 800-869-3446 (I don't see a web or email address)

I have no personal interest in this product or this catalog, but just
wanted to let you know about this particular product. I hope it can help
you!

Carma in Phoenix