From:
Jenn Cain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:26:28 EST

Hello Listmates,

I have some sad news.  My daughter just began working at a local ice cream
place and was checking for me whether their soft serve ice creams or yogurts
were gf and made an interesting discovery.  It seems that if the workers make
a mistake (put the wrong stuff in the cone) they immediately dump it back
into the mix, therefore contaminating it with cone crumbs.  She also worked
at a McDonalds and said they did the same thing there.  Also, it seems to me
that I have seen that in hard serve ice cream places too sometime in my life.
 I don't think it's an unsanitary practice, just an unhealthy one for us.
Sorry everyone, though you should know.  Jenn in Illinois