Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 20:25:01 -0500

I was diagnosed by biopsy and have been on a gluten free diet for almost 30
years. My symptoms have never entirely gone away, although I am very careful.
I was told by my doctors that taking vitamins was completely unnecessary.

Over the years I discovered that vitamin C helped diminish the severity and
number of colds I was getting. Recently at someone's suggestion online, I
started taking manganese which seems to have helped a good deal in ridding me
of chronic constipation.

I am now 59 years old. Recently, I was diagnosed with osteosporosis. Doctor
discovered that I was absorbing almost no vitamin D.

Now I'm really beginning to wonder if my doctors were wrong about not
requiring vitamins and mineral supplements. How many nutrients is my body not
absorbing and what part is that playing in my symptoms. Should I have been
taking vitamins and minerals all these years? Which ones? Should I start now?

Anyone out there have any answers? What has your experience been?

Laurie Levine    [log in to unmask]
NJ