From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:36:10 -0800

People often post to the list asking if celiac is related to other
conditions, diseases, etc.  For those who don't know how, I wanted to share
a quick & easy way to find answers to those kinds of questions.  You can
uncover references of celiac being linked to just about anything if you know
how to google search using the + sign.  Typing the plus sign between two
words will bring up every article on the world wide web that contains those
two words.  Then you just read through the reference abstracts & click what
sounds pertinent to your needs.

Just for fun, I decided to do a google search on two things I thought would
be unrelated.  Boy was I wrong!  You'll never believe what popped up!  It's
so funny, but so interesting.  Here's how I did it:

First I went to:   http://www.google.com

Next, I typed in "celiac + cats"  and clicked "Google Search."

Pages & pages of references came up.  I found articles here & there about
celiac arteries, celiac ganglions (celiac is a descriptive medical term
meaning belly), etc. in cats which is unrelated to celiac disease of humans.
  I also found articles about GF cat foods & various articles about celiacs
chatting about their cats, but the one that was the most interesting of all
was by a homeschool blogger about her arthritic cat.  The search result
quoted:

"Could we have a celiac cat? LOL. The change is so dramatic that it cannot
be just our imagination. Maybe it is just coincidence and there is some
other ..."

If you want to hear the rest of the story . . . you'll just have to do a
Google search to find it!

~Valerie in Tacoma