From:
La Listener <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:51:51 -0500

The rest of the posts

(New post)
I have had chronic vaginal yeast problems for 6 years.  What has helped me
the most is my diet.  I have not eaten sugar since the problem started, but
last year started the Body Ecology Diet.  There is a website about it, but
you need the book to understand exactly what to do.  It took me 6 months
before I could start introducing fruit again.  Now I can have fruit several
times a week.  I also limited my grains and starches.  I find that wearing a
dress helps control the itching as well.

(New post)
A sugar free, strach free diet helps. Also my chiropractor started me on
adrenal supplementation and for some reason my candida started to go away.
It took a long time(couple of years) to recover. I used to have chunks out
of my tongue from thrush,it was that bad. I have to go to worj but if you
want please feel free to ask any other questions

(New post)
Thank God for the internet.  When I thought wheat was hard
enough in came the results for milk protein (cf) as well.  Thankfully, we
are showing improvement and starting to see the blessings that this diet is
providing us like having to slow down and spend more time at home.

Not sure about the toes but g. violet is an antifungal and the best one I
have found.  Worth a try.  Caution:  Will stain. Washed out of everything
(cotton) fabric wise that I own.  We have some purple spots on the lid to
the toliet where it was absorbed.  My kids all have pictures of them with
purple mouths like clown faces.

(New post)
Candex contains enzymes - including those that break down sugars and
starches:
Vegetarian cellulase, vetetarian hemicellulase, vegetarian amylase,
vegetarian invertase,
vegetarian malt diastase, and vegetarian glucoamylase.
It is gluten-free - I checked with the manufacturer.

You can buy it online by going to
<http://www.vitaminshoppe.com>

(New post)
I make my own kefir using kefir grains and goat yogurt.  My naturopath
recommends a product called Latero Flora.  I use Stevia as a sugar
replacement and eat no other forms of sugar except that which is found
naturally in vegetables.

(New post)
I followed the Nystatin routine for several weeks, and have been free of
fungus infections ever since.  I use
almost no sugar (stevia is my substitute), stay away from mushrooms, though
not rigorously, eat little corn (it metabolizes as sugar), and have cut down
on fermented products, such as vinegars (lemon and lime juice do nicely),
though I do drink a glass of wine from time to time.  In short, the yeast
problem is gone, and so is my sugar craving.  It is a bit of a nuisance to
follow the treatment, but it certainly did work for me.

(New post)
I thought I'd go ahead and send you a direct link to the page on my site
that has most of the information on it. That way you don't have to
search around. Here you go:
http://www.yeastremedies.com/yeast_infection_remedies.html

(New post)
       I got diagnosed with candiida/ Celiac Spure about  4 years ago. The
candida is now gone with a year in remission.
       I have been told that candida/Celiac is one in the same since the
symptoms minic each other. When I had it, I took Nystain. Then I got rid of
it and went off of it about 2 years later. I ate two oranges and biggest
mistake of my life. I got candida back in full glory. I was put back on
Nystain for awhile. My body rejected it from being on it to long so went on
Dyfucan and took that for 6-7 months. I have now been clean from all
medicines going on 2 years.
       I would suggest you eat things like meat, vegetables, salads. I
personally had to stay away from diary products since I am lactose also.
       Now once you get the celiac under control, the candida will come
under control. You have to figure out the gluten free diet first minus the
carby things, then mix it with the candida diet. It was so hard for me to do
and figure it out. I had hardly no help. On top of everything else I ended
up having a corn allergy and that I have found out is now permament. It was
caused by the candida and not celiac. I have an allergy not an intolerance
to corn.
       I learned to eat green leafy vegetables and salads. I had to watch
the sugar in celery and carrots so that was out. It was unreal what I had to
give up at first and was very difficult. Not everyone probably has as
servere case like I did. I also had dry nails, hair, skin, blood shot eyes,
very tried, I ran a fever with mine,  neck got swollen from to much sugar
and hard to move it from eating to many grapes, nausea, pain everywhere and
losing weight. I had lost 7 pounds in one months time. I was one sick gal
when I went to the doctor. My tongue was coated white and today it is fine.
       I am doing much better today. I have lots of engery today, I actually
am Chairman of the support group  and that takes energy and time. I had lost
alot of weight between candida and celiac.Today I have gained quite a bit
back. I also can enjoy carbs again but if I eat to many then the candida
symptoms start returning so everyone knows there limits on how much they can
eat on the carb foods.

(New post)
    Mannatech makes a wonderful product called Immunostart which would be
ideal for you to add to your diet. It's completely natural and very highly
regarded.

    I am a Mannatech Associate, but do not try to annoy people on this list
with the products, however I myself plan to take them for life and thought
you might like to take a look at my page:

    www.mannapages.com/marymills

    Specifically you may want to look at Immunostart, however there is a
product called GI-Zyme which would also be helpful for your yeast problem. I
take pretty much all of the products although there are a few that are not
free of gluten.

    These products are listed in the natural section of the PDR. Also
Mannatech has been accepted in the CNR (Council for Responsible Nutrition)

I can give you lots of resources to look at, or you can just do a search on
glycobiology, glyconutrients, or essential sugars.

(New post)
I've changed my diet even more - am trying to eliminate all sweets and watch
carbohydrate ingestion for a couple months.  I've been reading sites on the
net regarding candidas and have a feeling something here may apply to me.
It never seemed enough for me to avoid gluten flours and watch my
ingredients, it seems I don't feel terribly well after eating something
sweet or drinking coffee or wine.  The 2 days I've completely avoided these
things have me feeling remarkedly more clearer headed, able to work longer
without fatigue, just more 'settled'.

One of my sons has said the candida problem is controversial, MDs don't
consider it a valid possibility, indicating some people are making a lot of
money selling products for it unnecessarily.  I would like to hear if anyone
has any ideas or experience regarding this.  Thanks much.

(New post)
I am a new spru (gf/cf) with three spru babies under the age of 4.  I have
had thrush (yeast infection in the breast and baby's mouth) with all three
of the children.  Loved the nystatin and combined it with the dyflucan.
There was a great article in "Mothering Magazine" that is available thru the
website for order that gave lots of natural ways to combat yeast.  Have you
tried gintine violet for the topical areas?  Stains the skin but works
great.  Available at drug stores over the counter.

(New post)
A friend of mine who is heavily into nutrition recommended Caprilic Acid for
candida. I got some Mycopryl 400, which is Calcium/Magnesium Caprylate Time
Released, made by T.E. Neesby, Fresno, CA.

(New post)
Low carb - no sugars or sweeteners - and a product called Candex might
be helpful.
You can get Candex at some health food stores, or search online on
www.google.com
by putting "Candex" in the search box.

(New post)
Kefir.  Check out kefir_making@yahoogroups and do some research into it.
Kefir colonizes the intestines whereas yogurt does not.  Primal Defense is
also a good product.  The Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates is also a good
resource for cutting out glycemic foods that feed yeast.