From:
Cataldo, Jill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 22:15:39 -0400

I was diagnosed with Celiac about 4 months ago. I've been trying to get my
family members to get tested, but they are reluctant. My sister is the only
one that had the test and it came back negative. My grandmother has a
history of constipation (she's suffered from it her whole life) and was told
recently by her nurse that she doesn't seem to be getting any nutrients from
her food. She is also anemic and has osteoporosis. I'm in the process of
trying to convince her to get tested for celiac. She also has Parkinson's
disease. It looks as if she has many symptoms of celiac disease. Does anyone
know if there is a link between Celiac disease and Parkinson's?

Jill from Boston