From:
Doris Pavlichek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doris Pavlichek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:24:30 -0400

Hello all -

I received several "thank yous" for my recent post with information on
thyroid and soy. With a wealth of health information on the Internet, there
is, unfortunately, a dearth of critically-reviewed information. My intention
was to provide another opinion from a reliable source.

There is not a lot of summary to post for this one, but here is what came
in.

From the original author, whom I unintentionally offended:
"Your recent post is personally offensive as it was directed to contradict
my recent post about soy.  My post did not say "celiacs should not eat
soy products because they can damage the thyroid gland."   That is an
opinion statement that I did not express.  The only opinion I expressed
in my recent post is "We celiacs are especially vulnerable to thyroid
problems."  The rest of my post was quoted directly from About.com.

I hope you will make that correction to the list. "

From other list members:

"Thank you very much for this posting. It clarifies an important situation
for all of us. I also appreciate your common sense analysis. I had wondered
about some of the negative information."

"Thanks very much for your post.
It is important that we post only credible information here, but
unfortunately, some posters either can't differentiate or are looking for
answers which may not be available, resulting in information that may or may
not be correct. Hence, I really appreciate your post.  I am sure it will be
beneficial to many people."

"Thank you, Doris, for presenting this important information! I really
depend on soy as a dairy replacement for allergies."

"Thanks, I always enjoy a voice of reason in the crowd."