From:
Tamara Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tamara Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:02:20 -0800

Before anyone else pegs me as clueless regarding the location of Chicago... Yes, I know that Chicago is in the Midwest.  I've been there.  I have a friend whose family still lives in the area.  My apologies to Midwesterners who were offended at the thought that someone thought Chicago is on the East Coast.  However, when I looked at Trader Joe's web site, I noticed only that the pamphlets were broken out between East Coast and West Coast.  I did not pay close enough attention to it to see that they actually state "East Coast/Midwest" and "West Coast", so I figured they were lumping Chicago and other towns not considered "West Coast" in with the East Coast for some reason.  I also did not know, when I sent my first message and stated that I was envious of East Coasters, that the person who *had* been able to get the bread was in Chicago.  I guess I should have clarified in my summary that I'm envious of *any* location that has good food that Celiacs can eat, not just the East Coast of the US, but it never crossed my mind that anyone would call me on it.  I *do* have enough knowledge of US geography to know where a major city like Chicago is!  It's just my attention to detail I apparently need to work on...

~Tamara in Sacramento, CA