From:
Robin Lancaster <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robin Lancaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:04:43 -0500

Something went wrong in the summary so I am trying it again.

Thanks, everybody, for your timely responses. The "official' DQ GF list
from their web site is as follows:

1.  Vanilla and Chocolate soft serve (but each francise has
authorization to use soft serve mixes that are not exclusivel
manufactured for the DQ system.  You have to ask your local store if
their soft serve was manufactured exclusively for the ADQ system and if
it is GF).
2.  Cherry Lime Freez'r
3.  Lemon Freez'r
4.  DQ Fudge Bar 20
5.  DQ Vanilla Orange Bar
6.  DQ Vanilla Fudge Bar (I did receive a response that they asked DQ if
the chocolate coating was GF and the company would not validate)
7.  DQ Raspberry Vanilla Bar
8.  Cherry, Grape and Lime Starkiss Bars (this does not include the Red,
White and Blue bars)

Several people cautioned using the chocolate sauce since they dip the
wheat cones into the pot.

Several people noted that the following blizzards did not give them
problems BUT you have to ask them to clean their container and mixing
spindle since cross contamination can occur from other gluten-containing
blizzards. One person noted that DQ needs to use a clean spoon to dip
the ingredients into the blizzard as well.

Butterfinger Blizzards
M&M Blizzards
Hershey Peanut Butter Cup (Reese) Blizzards
Chocolate Strawberry Blizzards

I think, bottom line, that if we are to venture into "Blizzard
Territory", it will depend on the level of sensitivity of the person.
One person offered the best advice, she buys a quart of DQ ice cream and
takes it home to put on her own toppings. That makes too much sense,
doesn't it?

Thanks, again, to everyone for your support.

robin in Oregon