From:
Karen Shirley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2009 17:39:07 +0000
I know this seems unrelated to celiac but I was wondering if other parents had problems beyond the regular potty training with their celiac children.  Delete this now if you don't want to read more details.

 Our daughter knows how to use the potty and generally will pee on it but hates to poop there.  Her poop tends to still be softer than her peers but this seems to partly be related to the amount of fiber she eats as she fortunately loves her veggies and nuts!  There is a chance she could still be getting gluten somewhere particularly cross contamination but she got a clean bill of heath from her GI in December and is growing very well!

  The main concern is that she is in preschool and should intellectually be moved up to the next classroom! However, she isn't supposed to be until she is potty trained.  They asked if perhaps our doctor would write a note saying that her celiac affects her potty training abilities.  I am not really sure if that is the issue or not and before I ask him wanted to hear about others experiences with this.

Thanks!

Karen

Celiac mom in Colorado

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T