From:
Elizabeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:16:30 -0600

Hi Folks,

I am a 42 y.o. celiac, first diagnosed at two months of age, and then
again at 40.  I was not treated for celiac for 39 of those years.

Every month, for three days, I am suffer from depression, anger/rage,
back pain, over sensitivity caused by PMS.   I become the "evil
twin."  My nutritionist thinks this is caused by imbalance in
vitamins/minerals.  I know from reading the list that others have
suffered depression as a result of celiac.  Has anyone found they
suffered acute PMS from celiac or as a by product of celiac?  If so,
what have you done to treat it?  Depression meds have not worked
well, just make me sicker with side effects.  Tried the Prozac family
and Efforex.  Looking for good alternative.  Really desperate for
some hope and help with this.  It is effecting my relationships with
others in a big way and my spirits are down, down, down.  After
dealing with the effects of celiac for so long, I am getting tired of
fighting for health and hurting others.

Thanks for any and all advice,

Elizabeth Collin
Madison, WI  USA