From:
Jean lyke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean lyke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 2009 06:34:01 -0500

I previously submitted a post about wanting to go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN because I have a cyst on my liver.  I have received several responses already and most of them have had a good experience with the clinic and Dr. Murray, however, one lady had problems with her insurance company.  The company initially indicated they would cover her visit to the clinic but then would not pay and she had to pay it herself - a sizeable sum.  Now that has me worried.  I called my insurance company to see if the clinic was in their network and they said yes.   I have PPO plan (Coventry Health Care) through the state of MO - I am retired but kept the insurance.
My question is - did anyone else have problems with their insurance companies not paying for their care at the clinic?
In addition I would appreciate any suggestions on where to stay and wonder if there are shuttles from the hotels available to the clinic.  I will probably fly and wonder how far the airport is from the clinic.  I did call the clinic to make an appointment and to talk to Dr. Murray about being a coordinator for my visit but the lady that answered said they were closed for the holiday.  I will call again Monday.
Again I would appreciate your input and will submit a summary regarding both of my posts.  Thanks.

*******
*******