From:
Amy Grabowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 09:49:02 EST

Hi to all -

"Beth" sent a posting re making a thin mint with a biaglut cracker.  Sounded
interesting.   But I wanted to send in a recipe that my celiac girl scout
daughter and I came up with last year for gf thin mints.

1 c butter or margarine, softened
1 c sugar
1 large egg
3 t Xanthan Gum
1 tsp GF vanilla
2 tsp baking powder
3 c GF flourmix  (I use Bette Hagmans')
3 oz melted, unsweetened chocolate

Preheat oven to 400.  Cream butter & sugar, beat in egg, vanilla &
Xanthan gum.  Add baking powder & flour one cup at a time.  Stir in
melted chocolate.  The dough will be course & look crumbly.  Keep beating
until it forms a ball.  Do not chill Dough.  Divide dough in half and
form by hand into 2 balls.  Rub corn-starch on rolling surface, rub
rolling pin with cornstarch.  Roll each ball in a circle 1/8a  thick.
Cut with cookie cutters into 1 1/2 inch circles. Bake on ungreased cookie
sheet ontop rack of oven for 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned.

When cool, melt one bag mint chocolate chips.  Dip each cookie in melted
mint-chocolate and place on wax paper until cool.  Eat & enjoy!

This year my daughter and I are going to attempt to make gf peanut butter
patties - or whatever they are called inyour area.

Amy Grabowski
co-leader
Gluten Free Gang, CSA/Greater Chicago