From:
Cher marsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 15:38:10 EDT

This is my first post, but thought I'd share this little tidbit of information
with the list members - very interesting.

I was prescribed a particular drug for a condition I have, and proceeded to do
my research to find out if it was GF.  Called the pharmaceutical company
(Pharmacia & Upjohn Company, tel: 1-800-253-8600) and finally got ahold of a
gentleman (didn't get his name) to ask for product ingredient information.  He
said that Upjohn itself did not add  gluten to any of their prescription
drugs, however some of the ingredients they contain would come from outside
sources, and they had no idea of what they might contain.  In other words,
question mark, question mark!  He also stated that, regardless of what we
might be told, there are "no" prescription drugs on the market that can be
guaranteed gluten free.

So, where do we go from here?  Who and what do we believe?  Comments please!
I will summarize any personal e-mails I receive, although I think this might
be something for open discussion.