From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:38:02 -0600

There are many ways in which a missed period can signify
problems. In this case, a recent posting on this thread
has identified one such problem. Dr. Vincenti cited a report
in which 0.92% of a group with non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma tested
positive for celiac disease (1).

Someone missed a period and Medscape is now reporting the
rate of celiac disease among these cancer patients at 92% (2).
That is quite a rise from less than one percent figure reported
in the original abstract ( a figure that I found surprisingly
low when I read it, but have not yet found the time to retrieve
and read the original article).

1. Catassi C, Fabiani E, Corrao G, et al, and The Italian Working Group on
Coeliac Disease and Non-Hodgkin's-Lymphoma. Risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in
celiac disease. JAMA. 2002;287:1413-1419.

2. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/436251

best wishes,
Ron Hoggan
Co-author of Dangerous Grains