Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 06:52:12 -0700

Hi all,

I am a celiac and will be moving to Seattle to attend Law School at the
University of Washington in Seattle this fall.

I've been gluten-free
for 8 years and normally do quite a bit of cooking and baking from
scratch. It is, of course, crucial that I continue this during law
school.  Can anyone point me in the direction of GF flours at a reasonable price?  I often buy rice flour & tapioca starch & corn starch at Asian markets, so I would appreciate some info about stores near the U-District (although I plan to live in one of the surrounding areas, such as Fremont, Wallingford, Greenlake, etc.)

I'd also love to hear about any GF restaurants or bakeries nearby, for the occasional treat.

I'm a non-traditional student, so I won't be living in the dorms, but would appreciate any ideas about living GF in what may be a tiny studio apartment or even just a room in a larger place.  I may even be sharing a kitchen with non-GF folks.  (Yikes!)  Since I can't work much the first year, I need to keep expenses way down.

I've noticed that most
of the law students and grad students share housing to save costs, and it occured to me
that I could try to find gluten-free roommates so we can support each
other, share gluten-free food costs, have a fully GF kitchen, etc.  Does anyone have any thoughts on how that might work, and how I might get the word out to the Seattle Celiac Community?  (If you know of any Celiacs who are looking for a roommate, drop me a note.)

Susanna

The fish are biting.